Friday, June 14, 2019

new beginnings, new tribe, pure love

The day came...

I never thought it would...

I graduated.  I am a certified yoga instructor.

And a new, reborn soul.

Where I had a gaping hole in my heart from people I thought were friends and I found out were not, situations that were like a blister that throbs, I now have a group that is kind, genuine, worthy of the love and trust I so genuinely give.  They are genuinely kind, authentic tribe members.  They personify friendship.  It's not a Machiavellian relationship or one of convenience.  They have seen the ugly cry, the open wounds.  And they still stand next to me.  And they are happy to have me stand next to them.

I heard words from each of them, many going through their own intense pain, that lifted me up and let me know that good and beautiful people still exist.  Authentic people, not the ones who recite scripts to the point that they don't know themselves anymore.

And so a new journey begins.  New souls in my space.  New career path of sorts.

How did I get so blessed?

To be accepted for yourself and held tight in all of your pain is the most beautiful and comforting thing of all.  I have been held but learned from these amazing souls as well.  Each has shared stories of pain and love that I understood as well.  We had a teacher that on the very first day reminded us that we are truly perfection and class is a space of no judgment...pure love.

Our graduation weekend was *yikes* teaching our own class, and then celebrations of varying kinds. Celebrating each other, laughing, hugging, tears, flowers, intention bracelets, pictures.

And then it was over on that bright sunny Sunday.  We graduated and were off to new horizons.

I hope not over, I miss these people.  Their laughter, their authenticity, the space to be ourselves and accepted as such.

So I guess I need to get my crazy self back over to the studio...

Or maybe we all meet next month at Chilkoot for wine...what do all you amazing new yogis think?

Namaste #yogatribe, here's to us!






No comments:

Post a Comment