Friday, September 5, 2014

The reach outs when you least expect it that fill your heart

Is the moon full?  I know it can't be PMS, that ship sailed long ago :)  But today I felt like I was on a boat in rough seas emotionally and was cranky and bitchy and then happy and -- well, we all feel that way at one time or another, even guys.

I love the gals I work with to the moon and back.  But I bit one's head off today, totally my bad and nothing to do with her.  In her grace all she said was "how do I fix it and make it better?"  God bless her sweet soul...  It's my BS girl, not yours and we need to call the exterminator for the bug up my ass.  That's not in your job description.  You don't girlfriend, it's just me, nothing more.

Maybe because Venus is entering Scorpio (did I get that right???) or the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligned with Mars...wait no that was in the 60s...

I am not sure what my planets are that are out of alignment but it's just me.  Nothing a Desperate Housewife won't cure (that is the name of my favorite martini at our local wine bar, don't get kinky thinkin' on me.)

A martini and reading my text messages as I get home. <3

Short preface before next part.  I was a sorority advisor/mom for 15 years.  As I blog I will talk about my daughters a lot and my experiences with them....they are the most amazing women.

So I looked at my text messages...am I humbled by love.  There is one from a sorority daughter, my sweet gal who with another one came to visit two days after we let Chico move to Heaven.  Just a note to check in on my husband and the remaining two pups and I.  She has had a WAY shittier year than I have and yet she is checking in on me.  I am humbled...but I also realize in the deepest part of my heart and soul, I am LOVED.    She is an AMAZING woman that spends her days helping those with physical challenges and giving to others, she is a soul I am proud to call a daughter whether I gave birth to her or not.  And despite all she has been through, she is checking on ME.

Then there is another message from a...well...since I try to respectfully keep people anonymous here...I'll call her a teacher.

I took adult tap dance lessons for 6 (I think) years with a great group of ladies and an amazing teacher...(oops, you're out girl.)  This group was a blast!  Now and then when class was over at 9:30 we'd head to a local joint for "tappy hour" and half priced apps and drinks.  Then, in early June, it was recital time.

And. we. freakin. rocked. that. recital :)  EVERY YEAR.

Of course we performed after the 3 year olds but really, WE ROCKED!

My second text today was from my tap teacher.  We don't talk or see each other often now that there are no more classes for adults, but we still do tappy hour occasionally and text.  She texted that she hoped we were doing OK and that the big man came to visit in spirit to let us know he's ok.  That you thought of me was huge, my heart is overflowing.  You are such a kind and wonderful soul, I love you  for your reach out.

We're doing OK girlfriend, especially after your note.  THAT was so wonderful to get, YOU ROCK.

And we are OK and we are blessed, beyond words.  And it is those little reach outs that we should all be grateful for.  It means that we mean enough to someone else to take the time and we are LOVED.  It meant today that in my bitchy WTF fit my friend and co-worker took the time to reach out and say "how can I fix it?" when it was not her and instead my own bug up my butt.  It was my daughter and teacher texting to ask how we were doing less one fur kid now.

I am blessed...and grateful.  Thank you, the 3 of you for being such kind souls to a crabby wench today.  You are truly a gift whether you realize it or not.






No comments:

Post a Comment